Friday, January 15, 2010

I'm Back - Day 14 and Down 14

Sorry for the long pause in updates. Life gets in the way. I left the Martha's Vineyard Inn last Thursday to return home for a few days, see the family and then head back on Monday. Unfortunately, my 88 year old Dad fell sick with pneumonia so he is now here with me, in New Hampshire, very weak and trying to get better. It will take awhile, I hear. But, through all this, my detox diet continues.

It's not as easy, being home and away from the retreat, but I am managing. I've been doing a lot of cooking ( but not chewing! Crazy, but okay, because I do love to cook). I miss the extra treatments that you get at the retreat - the foot bath, the colonic bed, the heat spas (it's soooo cold in New Hampshire!) and also the classes and the company. It's certainly makes detox dieting easier when you have others around you that are doing the same thing and a staff that makes your drinks and soups and supplements.

I have been able to do my own coffee enema once a week which does kick in the weight loss (and energy!) when there appears to be a lull, so that has been a big difference. Without the colonic bed available, I've been making a mild senna tea called Smooth Move from Traditional Medicinals (steeping for 3-4 minutes only) and that has helped. I'm hoping to return to Martha's Vineyard soon and finish up the detox diet there, if possible. I did schedule a follow up appointment with Dr. Redner, Dr. Roni's medical partner in the new Integral Wellness practice they are launching. When we meet we will go over my blood tests, which show very low hormone levels, an indication of heavy metals in my system, and some inconsistent cholesterol levels. Then we can discuss any additional tests or supplements I'll need to get back in balance. More on that later, I guess.

With everything going on though, I am staying on track with the weight loss, which I am happy with. People are beginning to notice. I'm one size down which means my wardrobe is expanding into clothes that I used to like wearing and stopped fitting into. It's nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment