Saturday, January 2, 2010

And the Journey Begins!

This is my first day of a detoxing diet that I plan to continue with for at least 21 days or as long as it takes to shed every last bit of the creeping pounds I've packed on over the last several years. I'm staying at the Martha's Vineyard Holistic Retreat at the moment, which is owned and operated by Dr. Roni DeLuz, co-author of the bestseller, "21 Pounds in 21 Days: the Martha's Vineyard Diet Detox." I have successfully completed her detox program at least four times over the past years and have learned a lot about how my body responds to this detox program. One thing I know for sure is, I am certain to quickly lose the 21 pounds that the program's title claims. What I'm hoping for is that I have learned enough this time to keep it from creeping back into my life (and into my jeans!) so that I can once again go into a store, grab the clothes I like off the racks and know that when I try them on in the fitting room, I'm going to like what I see. Yeah, I used to be one of those people I've grown to hate. You know, those women who have a hard time deciding what to buy because all the outfits they try on look great. Unfortunately, I slowly "grew" into someone who now gravitates to clothes that are three sizes bigger and are so much more about camouflage and so much less about style. And that sucks!

So, I'm determined. It's a New Year, starting with two eclipses (and if you follow Astrology, you know that eclipses signal big changes!). I'm betting that my changes include a stronger, leaner and more active body. Some people may think a detox diet that replaces solid foods with fresh juicing is extreme, but for me the immediate results make it totally worth it. Once I get through the first few days (and my abbreviated stay at the retreat will ensure that I do) I am looking forward to seeing that scale come back one or two lbs. lighter each day. I know I will start feeling much too good about myself to complain about what I can't eat while on this diet. And if I get a real craving to eat something, guess what -- I'm going to honor it, with a healthy choice, and with moderation and control. It may take me a little longer than 21 days and that's okay because I know I'll be happier during the diet and I'll be less likely to make up for lost eating when I finish my program.

I'm looking forward to this detox and weight loss journey, and I appreciate the kick start that Dr. Roni and her staff and associates are giving me here at the retreat. I plan on staying here for a few more days, and getting the treatments and supplements I need so that I can go back home and continue. Wish me luck, ask me questions, and give me support, if you can. I know there are a lot of Martha's Vineyard Holistic Retreaters out there who have done this program before. Tell me your experiences. What worked for you and what didn't. And, if you'd like, join in on the detox. I'd love the company!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lauren,
    I am with you, today is my second day of my second 21 day detox. I completed the detox once before in July with great results. I did gain a few back over the last month but not much. You mentioned you completed the detox 4 other times; would you mind telling me what your motivation was for each time? Was it the health benefits, weight loss or both? Did you gain the weight lost during the 4 detox's back or is this one just to get the last few off? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete