Friday, January 22, 2010

21 Days and 16 Pounds -- Ready for Maintenance!

Well, yeah, it's not the 21 pounds I had hoped for, but I'm really happy. Added to the 10 pounds I lost last month just before Christmas, and I'm actually down 26 pounds since Thanksgiving. That's a big enough accomplishment for me right now!

It wasn't easy keeping a detox schedule while taking care of my Dad during these last two weeks. Unlike being at the retreat, where there's time for exercise and other supportive treatments, at home I found myself in the kitchen a lot, cooking and cleaning -- for my Dad, my family, and for me -- and not doing a lot of exercise. The only thing I could really keep up with were skin brushing, occasional dog walking, and coffee enemas once a week.

Regardless, I feel so much better and I'm actually looking forward to getting active again. I'm soooo wanting to go skiing, which I had been secretly staying away from because the only time I went last year, I got totally exhausted by the end of my runs. I felt so disappointed with myself and really embarrassed. But I really think I can get it back now that I weigh less and I can't wait to try!

On Day 19 I was really wanting and needing to chew and swallow some food, so I opted for some steamed broccoli and a few cashew nuts, along with some enzymes to help digest. That helped a lot. I plan to continue losing weight more slowly during the maintenance part of this detox. I'm hoping to keep my daytime routine the same with a berry drink, a green drink, and fresh juice. Then for dinner, have more food choices and still keep my attention on reasonable portions and also exercise.

I'm surprised at the amount of sleep I've been getting on this detox. I used to go to bed around 1 or 2am and rise at about 7:30am or so. Now I'm getting sleepy at 11 or 11:30pm and I am sleeping at least 7 hours and sometimes even 9 hours! My eyes are not as puffy, my nails are nice and hardm and my hair looks so much healthier.

Since my Dad will be going home tomorrow, I am planning to return to the Inn next week. I'm looking forward to my appointment with Dr. Thomas Redner, Dr. Roni's medical partner who ordered my blood testing.

So, tonight I ceremoniously started my maintenance program as I sat with my family at the dinner table and ate a dandelion salad (instead of pureed soup). It was heavenly!

No comments:

Post a Comment